In following UF and UF Health security policies and initiatives, Pediatrics uses a combination of SharePoint systems to ensure our department remains in compliance with security and privacy policies while also providing ease of access and collaboration when possible.Currently, there are two similar, but different, SharePoint environments used by the Department of Pediatrics. You can tell which version you are on by looking at the small text at the top of the website under the site title. It should either read UF SharePoint or UFH SharePoint. The differences between the two environments are listed below.
UF Health SharePoint (also known as SharePoint On-Prem) sites are hosted on serves located in the Health Science Center. *The contents of these sites usually contain treatment-related information. To access one of these sites you must be connected through one of the UFH networks either onsite, the UFH VPN, or the Pediatrics Desktop VDI.
UF SharePoint (also known as SharePoint Online) sites are hosted “in the cloud” and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection using Duo authentication. *These sites can host Open, Sensitive, and some Restricted Data types (data cannot contain treatment-related information.)
* The Peds IT team can help you determine which SharePoint environment is right for your content. To learn more about data classifications visit the UF IT website.
How to Access SharePoint
The easiest way to access SharePoint is through a direct link shared with you by Peds IT or another member of your team. If you click on the link and receive a message that says “You do not have permission to view this site” and you know you should have access please contact your Division Administrator and/or Peds IT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have a direct link to the SharePoint website you are trying to access please try following these steps:
- Visit Peds SharePoint (https://sharepoint.ahc.ufl.edu/edu/peds/)
- Use the horizontal navigation menu at the top of the page to navigate to the SharePoint site you are looking for. Note: If you do not see your site listed in the drop-down menu, try looking under the division or group your site is associated with. For example, the IT staff site would be listed under Divisions > Administration. If you need assistance please reach out to Peds IT.
Important! We highly recommend bookmarking the direct link to your SharePoint website for quick access.
If you are trying to access SharePoint from a remote location you will first need to connect to the UF Health network. Below are links to different resources that can help you establish a connection. Once you are connected to the network follow the steps above to access your site.
(Note: SharePoint websites that have been moved to the new SharePoint 365 online environment do not require a connection to the UF Health network.)
If you are using a Shands computer to access a Peds SharePoint website, you will need to take a couple of extra steps before you will be able to access the site. This is because when you log into a Shands computer you are using your Shands credentials and not your Gatorlink which is need to access Peds SharePoint. To make sure the internet browser you are using recognizes your Gatorlink, follow these steps:
- Visit the UF Health SharePoint site (https://sharepoint.ahc.ufl.edu/)
- In the upper right corner, click on your name, then Sign in as a Different User
- User your Gatorlink username and password to sign-in
- Visit Peds SharePoint (https://sharepoint.ahc.ufl.edu/edu/peds/) and navigate to your site, or use your bookmarked direct link
Shands Shared Computer
Shands shared computer are computers that do not require a login to use. For this reason you will need to access the Peds SharePoint website via the Peds VDI.