In following UF and UF Health security policies and initiatives, Pediatrics uses a combination of SharePoint systems to ensure our department remains in compliance with security and privacy policies while also providing ease of access and collaboration when possible.Currently, there are two similar, but different, SharePoint environments used by the Department of Pediatrics. You can tell which version you are on by looking at the small text at the top of the website under the site title. It should either read UF SharePoint or UFH SharePoint. The differences between the two environments are listed below.
UF Health SharePoint (also known as SharePoint On-Prem) sites are hosted on serves located in the Health Science Center. *The contents of these sites usually contain treatment-related information. To access one of these sites you must be connected through one of the UFH networks either onsite, the UFH VPN, or the Pediatrics Desktop VDI.
UF SharePoint (also known as SharePoint Online) sites are hosted “in the cloud” and can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection using Duo authentication. *These sites can host Open, Sensitive, and some Restricted Data types (data cannot contain treatment-related information.)
* The Peds IT team can help you determine which SharePoint environment is right for your content. To learn more about data classifications visit the UF IT website.
How to Access SharePoint
The Pediatrics SharePoint site can be accessed in several ways:
- From the PEDS Links icon on your desktop, then clicking on “Pediatrics SharePoint”
- From the Faculty & Staff Resources page on the department website under Administrative Services
- From a link shared with you by Peds IT or a member of your team
If you receive a message that says “You do not have permission to view this site” and you know you should have access please contact your Division Administrator and/or Peds IT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important! We highly recommend bookmarking the direct link to your SharePoint website for quick access.
If you are trying to access SharePoint from a remote location you will first need to connect to the UF Health network (Note: sites using the new SharePoint 365 online environment do not require a connection to the UF Health network. The URL for these sites start with “uflorida.sharepoint.com”). Below are links to different resources that can help you establish a connection. Once you are connected to the network follow the steps above to access your site.
If accessing the Pediatrics SharePoint site on a Shands computer with your UF/Gatorlink Username, please follow the steps below.
- Open either Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
- Visit the UF Health SharePoint site (https://sharepoint.ahc.ufl.edu/)
- In the upper right corner, click on your name, then Sign in as a Different User
(Note: do not click on your name near the search bar)
- When prompted, enter “ufad\” before your UF/Gatorlink Username
- Click on the link to the Pediatrics SharePoint site that was provided to you via email or another source
Additionally, you can navigate to the Pediatrics SharePoint site by using the navigation menu
- Education > College of Medicine
- College of Medicine Departments > Pediatrics
Shands Shared Computer
Shands shared computers are computers that do not require a login to use. For this reason, you will need to access the Peds SharePoint website vide the Peds VDI.